Selling a Law Practice
Your law firm is worth more than its books, computers, furniture, and accounts receivable, and more than 40 states now recognize this asset. Whether you are large firm looking to merge, retire or break up, or whether you are a small firm looking to take advantage of the changes in ethic rules over the past ten years and receive full value for your practice-recognized law firm strategist, Ed Poll, can help you turn your years of effort into real money. If one of the following describes your situation, you may be able to sell your practice:
- You are retiring from law
- You have been appointed to be a judge
- You are relocating to a new city
- You are changing your profession
Sell your practice quickly and for the most profit.
Ed helps you sell your practice in the following ways:
- Based on financial data and marketplace guidelines as well as an evaluation of your firm’s revenue and client base, Ed will first help you put a value on your practice.
- Ed is familiar with the legal marketplace. A prospectus or brochure will be developed to represent your firm and appeal to specific potential buyers.
- Ed will also advise you on your negotiating strategy so you can get the best offer possible.
- Ed will ensure that your sale complies with the Rules of Professional Conduct that govern the transfer of your practice.
- Once the sale is complete, Ed will help integrate the merged practices so that they function as one cohesive business.
Check out these resources:
- Find out more about Ed’s book Selling Your Law Practice: The Profitable Exit Strategy
- Find out more about Ed’s Virtual Seminar, “Selling a Law Practice: Getting Your Highest Value”
- Read articles on buying or selling a law practice
- See a list of practices for sale
- Read more about selling a law practices
Categorized in: Services